Wednesday, April 04, 2007

3/26/07 posting from the website

3/26/07 - Beautiful weekend. Went to Fearrington House this weekend with the wife. Great little place with belted Galloway cows and goats. Went for a bike ride on the grounds Saturday afternoon - if you haven't ridden a bike for a while, you'll be sore in places you don't want to be sore. Fine dining, gardens in bloom. Enjoyed a Macanudo (carry cigars in yourself) in the gardens after dinner. Ideal spot for a weekend away from the kids. Only suggestion I'd offer - their coffee shop should stay open past 10pm on weekends.

Recently brewed a batch of IPA in my turkey fryer. Transferred to a second carboy Saturday morning and will bottle it sometime this week. Heard from an exceptional brewer not to let a batch sit too long in the carboy after primary fermentation. The sediment on the bottom can affect the taste. From a sample during transfer I can tell you it already tasted quite good. I think the biggest difference between this and previous batches is the volume of wort I was able to boil in the fryer - it's a much bigger "brewpot" than a traditional spaghetti pot on a stove. Will find out its final taste verdict by the end of next week.

Final Four - Well, I'm perfect on one half of the bracket - Florida & UCLA, and "O"fer on the other half. Picking fifty percent in March Madness is still a pretty admirable feat. I'm personally rooting for UCLA. When I lived in Los Angeles I cheered for them as opposed to USC. Like most geographic hated rivalries, you choose a side and stick with it, lest ye be a "fair weather" fan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home