Sunday, February 05, 2006

"Super" Thoughts

My picks for the conference title games were completely wrong. And I'm probably going to be completely wrong again but here goes...

Well the day has finally arrived and I'm still not too sure who will win. As soon as I convince myself it'll be "Blitzburgh," I remember having the exact same thoughts about Carolina when they went up against Seattle. Now granted Carolina was pretty beat up and Seattle was at home, but still -- it's as if seemingly everyone tends to think they'll lose that makes me think they'll win. Remember USC v. Texas? That's what I mean.

Pittsburgh plowed through the top three teams in the AFC on the road while Seattle quietly took care of its own business. Something, maybe it's because they're in the oft-forgotten by the East Coast media bias locale of the Pacific Northwest, tells me they're much more savvy about how to successfully counter the Steelers' rush than most people tend to think. Maybe it's Coach Holmgren's experience. Maybe it's I'm NFC biased. Or maybe it's their offensive line anchored by All-Pro tackle and former Florida State Seminole Walter Jones. He along with three other former 'Noles will suit up for the Seahawks as opposed to two for the Steelers. On a side note there are more former Seminoles playing in the Super Bowl than any other college. Heck another reason could just be because they're in the coffee mecca of the US, or the fact that I like Seattle's "grunge rock" bands of the 90s like Pearl Jam. Regardless of why I feel this way, here is my pick: Seattle 31, Pittsburgh 28.

Of course no matter what happens we'll still have the ads to keep us tuned in. And after all, isn't that why we really watch?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home